This is a wonderfully simple recipe to create your own, luxurious and moisturizing whipped body butter for almost all skin types. We have tried this recipe and loved it from the first batch. Now, many of our customers have tried this recipe and we’re all hooked on this fun to create, all natural, four ingredient body butter. The final product has a natural cocoa scent from the cocoa butter wafers so if you decide to add essential oils or high quality fragrance oils, anything that goes good with chocolate is a go.
Whipped Body Butter
Shea Butter – 1/2 cup
Coconut Oil – 1/2 cup
Olive Oil – 1/2 cup
Cocoa Butter Wafers – 1/2 cup
Essential Oils or Fragrance Oils if desired - 10-30 drops
2 – 8 oz jars & 1 - 4 oz jar or any combination for 20 oz
Body Butter Instructions
- In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Add essential oils if using.
- Move to fridge and let cool another hour or until starting to harden around the edges but still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Return to the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in a jar with a lid and use as you would regular lotion or body butter. If your home stays above 75 degrees, it may soften and need to be kept at the fridge, but it will stay whipped at a temperature lower than that.
- Keep for yourself, or give away! Enjoy!
This body butter is definitely more emollient and has a heavier texture than lotion does, but after a few minutes it will penetrate the skin and lose any greasy feel.
Stored away from moisture and light this homemade body butter should last 6-8 months. Using a spoon or spatula to dip rather than your fingers will extend the life of the body butter.